Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mirror Mirror

Dress/ Sun Thrift, Glasses/ Halloween Shop, Shoes/ Jeffrey Campbell, Necklace/ TOBI.com


$up,
So I have been having this really uncomfortable thought recently. It is the thought that I am just too different from everyone else. I have been in London for a week today and I haven't really made any friends or seen anyone really who looks like they would want to be friends with me. People are very friendly, they come up to me and talk a little but, but thats as far as it goes. It's just some small talk. I am trying hard to be positive and for the most part I am being pretty positive but some times it ways down on me not knowing anyone. I am not particularly shy, I can really keep a conversation going, but it really only works I think if the other person is putting effort in the conversation. I have never really cared what other people thought of me, but I think some times when your all alone and you don't really have the support of your friends or family, you kind of feel a little bit uncomfortable. It's not that I really care what anyone else is thinking because I really like the way I dress and the way I act, but I guess I am just super bummed that no one likes the same kind of stuff that I like. I think sometimes we just want to fit in instead of standing out, even though I know I would benefit so much more from standing out and being myself than conforming and wishing that I could be myself. There are just some thoughts that run through my head sometimes that are really unsettling like, What if I don't find any friends, or what if I am too weird, or what if no guy ever thinks I am attractive and whats to go out with me? However after I have those thoughts I am like Fuck that! I love who I am, I think I am super friendly, talented, smart and interesting and if I don't find anyone to be friends with or to date it's not a big deal because I like me. One of my favorite bloggers, Lights Drive my Soul, wrote about this a couple of days ago and I swear she read my mind. She put it a lot better then I did, but this is me, and this is the way I write!


Music- Whore- Fidlar

FIDLAR - "Whore" on Last Call with Carson Daly from ashley wilson on Vimeo.

10 comments:

  1. Hey I'm a Londoner. I've lived here my whole life and the city is so diverse and while we're in the midst of a hipster invasion (especially in East London (Hackney) where I live) I think it's literally impossible to be too weird for London. I've definitely seen people who have a similar style to you and every day I see people who stand out. As long as you never compromise who you are, there'll be people wanting to get to know you

    -Aida

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do all those things you want to do and you will meet people that are as interesting as you but maybe not this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super awesome - so I wouldn't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl! I got your message via ifb, and I absolutely love your blog. This is so unique and your style is amazing. I'm really enjoying your blog! Check out my blog if you would like, I recently posted some fall fashion as well as a little bit of rock and roll history!

    http://www.shadesofstyle-lj.com/

    xo jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all love the outfit. And you should style your hair like that more often it looks sooo nice on you! Second, London is a big big big city! Trust me you'll find someone who likes the same things that you do :) It's just a question of time. Hope you don't feel down, you seem like an awesome person!

    http://pilchasypintas.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the necklace and the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog and style are great - thank you for sending your link to me!
    Keep it up!

    Z
    http://www.are-we-on-time.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I nominated you for a leibster award! http://kimrosary.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. booooaahhhhh! love your blog!
    thank god i fould you !

    i am following now via bloglovin!

    www.asiaandkasia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete