Monday, August 12, 2013

Flea Market

Top/ Dimepiece, Shorts/ Bleached Vintage, Shoes/ Demonia


$up,
Yesterday my day started at 3am which was probably the earliest I have woken up. I usually go to sleep around 3 so naturally my body was thrown when I tried to go to sleep at 7pm to get a full nights rest. I tossed and turned trying to sleep for hours. I finally fell asleep at 2am only to wake an hour later. I got ready and at 4 I headed down to the Rose Bowl with my mom to pick up my merchant ticket and then set up to start selling. The Flea Market opened at 6:30 am, and it was still dark. We saw the crazy bargain hunters with their trench coats and flash lights perusing through the vintage articles of clothing and furntiture.

I wanted to charge people 20$ for my shirts because on my etsy store they are 40$ but no one wanted to buy my shirts at 20 bucks a pop. So I figured out through out the day, to actually sell stuff they need to be dirt cheap. I ended up charging people 15$ for each shirt. I wasn't to happy about that because it took a lot of time to make each thing, but I mean I guess people were really interested in what I was selling. I didn't sell anything until 10am and then it was a bit spotty from there. at 12 I broke even and then the sales started pouring in. At the end of the day I walked away with $200 ($135 profit, yeahhhh!). I bought my ticket a couple days before selling so my spot was in the very back corner and it was across from a gate. We didn't get very much foot traffic, but I got a better feel for what the audience is looking for. If I were to do it again I think I would buy my ticket sooner so I could get a spot with better foot traffic, because I think in the end thats why I didn't sell a lot of stuff.

All and all I really did have a good time, I loved spending the time with my mom, and my Grandma came down and hung out with us. They are both so supportive of everything I do and I am so grateful to have the both of them in my life. I got to walk around towards the end and I got to buy a pair of shoes for pretty cheap (The Flea Market is always good for that kind of stuff). I also ran into a couple familiar faces. It was good to see you guys!




Music- Disclosure, You and I

1 comment:

  1. I guess the moral of the story is sleep late and start at noon, stay till midnight :-)

    ReplyDelete